Monday, September 10, 2007

Anjjang desu~ yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Hello, hello!
My name is Jacky, and I am part of SEAS 2010. Just call me by my last name, "Ahn".

Really, there's no particular reason why I'm taking Japanese this year other than my immense love and passion for Japanese music and culture. I have been listening to Japanese music (j-pop) and watching Japanese drama, anime...since, well...for years and years...let's put it that way.

My mom, actually, graduated from Sophia University, a well known Japanese international 'daigaku'. She naturally speaks close to fluent Japanese. Living in Korea as Japan's neighbor definitely fostered a unique personal outlook on Japan. All in all, I had many opportunities to 'experience' Japan yet I haven't formally taken Japanese language class so here I am! Trying to properly learn the Japanese language.

Yoroshikunne~

4 comments:

Unknown said...

こんにちは!

Which Japanese music, anime, drama do you like? Recently I watched "Death Note." I liked it. Have you seen it?

su said...

はじめまして. 私も in "Group D" also. Who is your favorite j-pop singer? I've been listening to old うただひかる songs lately, since she sings slow enough that I can catch a few "あなた" s here and there.
じゃまたあとで

なずきあん said...

うただひかる studied at Columbia for one year..
Her mother was also a great singer, although she sang "Enka"..


なずきあん

Unknown said...

Hey Jacky,

Being from Taiwan and having a certain perspective on Japanese culture as molded by my experiences in a neighboring Asian country, it makes me interested in how someone from your background views Japanese culture. I have to say though, I think your Japanese is already really impressive!

I'm a little opposite of you. I want to learn Japanese first so I can start listening to J-Pop and watch Japanese dramas. :)

Hope to improve my Japanese so I can get to your level soon!